Here at Try Modern, we are working our way up to being the next big culture blog. We have a lot of ideas in mind, but of course, we need help to get there.
As we are still a very small website, we are looking for volunteer writers to help us achieve our goal. While we may not have much to offer on the financial side of things, we are certain we can make up for it in other areas.
What you can get out of this
- Experience – We understand that many newer writers are looking to put something worthwhile on their resumes, so why not start here?
- Exposure – Get acquainted with what goes on in the technology, science, lifestyle, and/or business and finance reporting industry.
- Access – Your credentials can get you press access to various events, resources, and much more that you may not have had before.
- Earn something for your hard work – While it’s not anything substantial, we still want you to at least cover your basic expenses. You will be paid US $2.00 per 1,000 unique page views (given that you bring in at least 10,000 unique views per month).
What we cover
As we are a general technology blog, there really is no limit on what you can cover, but we do ask that content be relevant and interesting. Some of the story types include:
- General news pieces
- How-To guides (must be related to recent events).
- Reviews (should be of interesting products. There’s a good chance that most general readers won’t be interested in an ink jet printer review or a review of a toilet seat warmer).
What we’re looking for
- We want writers who can report on the any of the topics we cover, including technology, finance, travel, transport/automobiles, personal lifestyle, and trending online content.
- You will be required to write 3-4 articles per week (between Monday-Friday), but there are no specific work hours.
- You must be able to write proper English, so if your translating skills are not that good, then this isn’t the right place for you.
- You should be able to put together in-depth pieces. By that we mean that the main story should be covered, along with providing any other related or follow up information that may be useful to the reader. Stories should generally be around 250-300 words in length minimum (with room for exception of course). As for reviews, we have no minimum word limit, but we do expect a detailed analysis from top to bottom.
- Promotional skills would be of great benefit, as the more times your story is viewed, the more you get paid.
- We’re also looking for a team player. This is crucial especially in times when jointly covering major events (e.g. Apple launch, CES, and so on).
- A sample of your work based on recent events based on topics that we cover.
Please note that we DO NOT accept guest posts/guest contributions. Your spammy emails will be deleted immediately.
We look forward to your application!