Marvel Heroes Omega, developed by Gazillion, has landed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. According to the developers, the game combines the core gameplay of action-RPGs and MMOs. The game is also set to include pretty much every Marvel hero. You can check out the launch trailer below.
Gazillion have also said that there will be “thousands” of hours of character progression and replayabilty. Announcing the launch, the developers said that characters will have over 100 costumes between them. Currently, the MMO only has a basic character roster, but this is expected to grow over time. The story of Marvel Heroes Omega written by Brian Michael Bendis who authored the likes of Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, House of M, Secret Invasion, and Avengers vs X-Men, among countless other comic books.
Describing the story, Gazillion have said:
“The Cosmic Cube is a device of untold power capable of changing the very fabric of reality at the whim of its possessor. The brilliant but malevolent Doctor Doom has the Cube, and with it he aims to reshape the world in his own image. Determined to succeed where the Cube’s previous wielders have failed, Doom has lined up villainous allies to prevent the super heroes from interfering. It’s up to you to stop Doctor Doom’s sinister plan before it’s too late, but be careful! You never know what other evil threats lurk behind the scenes.”
Through this, players will have to navigate through a somewhat complex storyline to stop Doctor Doom. Features of the game include:
- Personalize your Heroes to perfection with their Talents, Gear, and Costumes.
- Join your friends in one of Marvel Heroes Omega’s many Headquarters, including the Avenger’s Tower and S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.
- All Heroes Unlockable for FREE and fully playable to level 10, with no content gates.
- Thousands of hours of replayability, character progression, and game modes.
- Story Mode: Take on infamous villains, Doctor Doom and Loki in an epic nine-chapter Campaign.
- Midtown Patrol: Defend Midtown Manhattan from the unrelenting onslaught of villains and their minions.
- Danger Room: Enter the famous X-Men training simulator, featuring randomized missions, bosses, and hazard.
According to the PlayStation 4 store description, the game will have a number of packs, such as the Avengers Pack, X-Men Pack, Deadpool Pack, Daredevil Pack and Guardians of the Galaxy Pack. Each of these will include a varying amount of bonus costumes, in-game currency, and combination boosts, as well as extras unique to each pack. Some of these offer players less extras than others, however. Take the Daredevil pack as an example; this only offers Daredevil as a character, compared to the likes of the Avengers pack, which includes characters, costumes, boosts and in-game currency.
Marvel Heroes Omega is now available for Xbox One and PlayStation4. There are also plans to release the game on PC relatively soon. You can check out the game trailer below. The game is set to defy traditional genre definitions with streamlined, action-RPG gameplay and long form character progression features, according to the developers. Throughout the game, players can level-up, defeat infamous Marvel Villains and henchmen, collect rare loot, and grow in power.